Terrorist cell is alive in Minneapolis, U.S. judge in ISIL case says - THE OBJECTIVE NATION

Breaking News

728-90
Responsive Ads Here

Post Top Ad

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Terrorist cell is alive in Minneapolis, U.S. judge in ISIL case says

Your Ad Spot


ows_147899209474

“Everyone talks about Brussels or Paris having cells,” U.S. District Judge Michael Davis said one day, then, raising his voice: “We have a cell here in Minneapolis.”

In sentencing nine young Somali-Minnesotans on terror conspiracy charges this week, U.S. District Judge Michael Davis closed a chapter in the federal government’s long, extraordinary investigation of ISIL recruitment in Minnesota.

But the full story is far from over.



BLACKOUT_USA_00002_2nd_AD



In nine hearings over three days before a courtroom packed with the families of the young men who sought to give their lives to ISIL, Davis repeatedly underlined a clear message: There is a terrorist cell in Minneapolis and it is still alive today.

Each day, Davis sought to extract acknowledgment from the young men that they were “terrorists,” and left no doubt as to his thoughts on whether they were simply misguided youths.

“Everyone talks about Brussels or Paris having cells,” Davis said one day, then, raising his voice: “We have a cell here in Minneapolis.”

Saying the Minnesota public had “danced around” the issue, Davis described the cell’s size as being between nine to 20, including those sentenced last week and others killed abroad.





BLACKOUT_USA_00002_2nd_AD


4terror111616online


Post Top Ad